Chism, et al. v. Frito-Lay, Inc., et al. Settlement

Submit an Objection


The filing deadline has passed.

If you do not think the Settlement is fair, you can object to the Settlement and tell the Court that you do not agree with the Settlement or some part of it. If you object in time and follow the following procedures, the Court will consider your views when deciding whether to grant final approval of the Settlement. You may object to the proposed settlement in writing. You may also appear at the Final Approval Hearing, either in person or through an attorney at your own expense, provided you notify the Settlement Administrator of your intent to do so.

To object to the Settlement, you must mail a written statement of objection (“Notice of Objection”) to the Class Action Clerk, United States District Court for the Northern District of California, 450 Golden Gate Avenue, San Fransisco, CA 94102, or by filing it in person at any location of the United States District Court for the Northern District of California, postmarked or file-stamped no later than July 23, 2018.

To be valid, a Notice of Objection must contain all of the following: (1) your signature; (2) your full name; (3) your address; (4) the case name and number (Marcus Chism v. Frito-Lay, Inc., Case No. 3:17-cv-00152 VC); (5) the last four digits of your Social Security number; (6) a clear statement indicating that you wish to object to the Settlement; (7) the basis for your objection; and (8) whether or not you intend to appear at the Final Approval Hearing.

The Court may hear your objection even if you have not complied with these requirements, either because you have shown good cause for noncompliance, or because you have substantially complied.